Do you sell inspiring ideas like recipes, home decor tips, or DIY tricks? Or, do you have an eCommerce store? Then, you gotta try Pinterest marketing in 2022.
Pinterest is the most visually appealing social media platform that can give you an edge over your competitors by reaching the masses.
Right now, Pinterest marketing might not be as popular as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram marketing. But in the long run, Pinterest is the best social media with the longest shelf life.
You see marketers; your Facebook posts averagely last for six hours and Instagram for 48 hours. But your Pinterest posts can get pins even after years. Wow!
Don’t get excited yet, as there are numerous other hidden statistics unveiled below. So, let’s dig in and check out unbelievable statistics for 2022!
- Pinterest had 459 million monthly active users globally by the fourth quarter of 2020. (Statista)
- Pinterest’s revenue in 2020 was close to 1692.66 million US dollars, up from 1142.76 million US dollars the previous year. (Statista)
- Pinterest received 46 user data requests from legal and government agencies in the United States in the first half of 2020, down from 47 requests in the first half of 2019. (Statista)
- Pinterest had a net loss of 182.1 million US dollars in 2016, but by the end of 2020, Pinterest’s annual net loss had decreased to 128.3 million US dollars. (Statista)
- Pinterest’s adjusted EBITDA reached 305 million US dollars in 2020, up from 16.71 million US dollars the previous fiscal year. (Statista)
- Pinterest spent 30.3 million USD on advertising in 2020, a significant decrease from the previous fiscal period’s ad spending of 55 million USD. (Statista)
- Pinterest spent 442.81 million USD on sales and marketing in 2020. (Statista)
- Pinterest spent 606.19 million US dollars on research and development in 2020, a decrease from nearly $1.21 billion in 2019. (Statista)
- Pinterest had 2545 full-time employees at the end of the fiscal year 2020, a nearly 15% increase from the previous year. (Statista)
- Pinterest had the highest level of customer satisfaction with 77 index points among other social media websites. While Facebook was ranked last, with a score of 64 on the index. (Statista)
- In January 2021, Facebook accounted for 60.68 percent of all social media site visits in the US. Pinterest ranked second, accounting for 20.02 percent of all social media site visits in the US. (Statista)
- As of January 2021, 77.1 percent of Pinterest users worldwide were female and 14.5 percent were male. (Statista)
- As of the fourth quarter of 2020, Pinterest’s ARPU (average revenue per user) was 1.57 USD per quarter, up from 1.03 USD the previous quarter. (Statista)
- As of January 2021, the United States had the largest Pinterest audience in the world with 100.75 million users. (Statista)
- Only 7.3 percent of Pinterest app users in the United States were heavy users, accessing the app more than two-thirds of the time, as of March 2021. (Statista)
- As of March 2021, nearly 19% of Android Pinterest app owners in the United States used Pinterest on a daily basis. (Statista)
- Pinterest has approximately 23.3 million users in India by 2021. By 2025, the number of Pinterest users in India is expected to reach 32.2 million. (Statista)
- As of April 2020, Pinterest had a three percent share of the Indian social media market. This was a decrease from April 2019, when the platform held a 4.26 percent market share. (Statista)
- As of April 2020, Pinterest had a roughly 12% share of India’s desktop social media market. When compared to the previous few months, this was a decrease in its market share. (Statista)
- As of April 2020, Pinterest had a roughly 10% share of India’s tablet social media market. When compared to a year ago in April 2019, the social media platform’s market share had decreased significantly. (Statista)
- In the United States, Pinterest is used by eight out of ten moms. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Pinterest is used by 86 percent of Millennials to plan both big and small life events. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Pinterest is used by 63% of Millennials to find new products to buy. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- 83 percent of Pinterest users have purchased after seeing content on the site. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Pinterest is used by 28% of marketers worldwide to market their products or services. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Over 200 billion ideas have been saved to over 4 billion boards on Pinterest to date. (Pinterest Newsroom)
- Almost two-thirds (64%) of users say Pinterest is a good place to find ideas, products, or services they can rely on. (Pinterest Newsroom)
- Pinterest users’ favourite categories are home décor, food, and fashion. According to the most recent Pinterest statistics, the primary reason people use Pinterest is to find home décor/design inspiration. (Global Web Index).
- Unbranded searches account for 97% of top Pinterest searches. (Pinterest Business)
- Every year, 439 million pins are saved for Valentine’s Day, and 183 million pins are saved for New Year’s on the visual search platform. (Omnicore Agency)
- 98 percent of Pinterest users say they try new things they find on the site. (Omnicore Agency)
- After seeing a promoted pin, 50% of users made a purchase. (Omnicore Agency)
- Pins that show someone using a product or service are 67 percent more likely to drive offline sales lift. (Omnicore Agency)
- Pinterest earns revenue via promoted pins. (Omnicore Agency)
- Pinterest is a place of positivity, according to 91% of users. (Sprout Social)
- Pinterest users watch nearly one billion videos per day. (Hootsuite)
- Weekly Pinterest conversions increased by 300% between January and August 2020. (Hootsuite)
- Sixty percent of Pinterest users visit the site to “view pictures.” (Neal Schaffer)
- Pinterest drives 33% more traffic to e-commerce websites than Facebook. (Neal Schaffer)
- Every dollar spent on Pinterest marketing generates approximately $4.30 in sales. (Neal Schaffer)
- 40% of Pinterest engagement is attributed to related pins. (Social Pilot)
- 52 percent use their platform to expand their knowledge of delicious food and beverages. (Social Pilot)
- Regular Pinterest users spend an average of 34 minutes per visit. (Ad Espresso)
- 11:00 p.m. is the busiest pinning hour of the day, accounting for approximately 6% of all pinning. (Ad Espresso)
- Joy Cho has the most Pinterest followers nearly 15 million. (99 Firms)
- Images with no human faces receive 23 percent more repins. (Viral Woot)
- In the third quarter of 2020, Pinterest’s ad revenue was $443 million. (Find Stack)
- Pinterest users spend an average of 4.45 minutes per visit. (Tech Jury)
- On Pinterest, a typical Pin is repinned 11 times. It takes an average Pin 3.5 months to reach 50% engagement. (Tech Jury)
- Cooking is one of the most popular Pinterest categories. With over 1.7 billion recipes available, everyone can find something they like. (Tech Jury)
- Images with 30 percent less blank space in the background are more likely to be pinned. (Hubspot)
- Saturday, 2 am-4 am, and 8 pm-11 pm are the best times to pin. (Quick Sprout)
- At around 9 p.m., Pinterest activity peaks. (Quick Sprout)
- During the day, the best times to pin are between 2-4 pm EST and 8 pm-1 am EST. (Quick Sprout)
- Fridays at 3 p.m. are prime times for fashion and retail posts on Pinterest. (Quick Sprout)
Indeed, Pinterest is the most underestimated social media marketing platform. It has all the right features to grow your business — aesthetics, ease to use, and a vast user base. And still, Pinterest isn’t on the radar of many marketers, which is a real shame.
We hope that these Pinterest statistics have given you the right direction to streamline your marketing efforts in the future. And you are planning to spend more time on Pinterest marketing. Whatever you do, don’t forget to share this post on your social media handles so that more people can better know Pinterest!